Learn how you can make money from home with Textbroker starting right away. Learn in my insider Textbroker review how I made 500 $ a month working only 3 hours a day. You can, too!
I looked out the window and watched my husband walking down the still empty streets in yellow street light before dawn. His job was wearing him down and yet we were barely making it. Even with some saving hacks in place it was a constant struggle.
Back at my desk, I stared at the screen. I just couldn’t write another application I would never hear back about.
Well, that was a great start into expat living! It’s not that fun to live in a city by the sea when you can’t afford sitting in a café at the seashore. Homemade Caramel Frappuccino is fantastic. But you need more sometimes.
Want to leave your own legacy and publish it on your blog? Download the free insider-exclusive blogging resources of Mom Can Do This!
Sifting through old emails from friends one sentence stuck with me. “You could check out Textbroker.” a friend suggested for easy money.
When I was looking for a possibility to make some money from home a friend referred me to Textbroker. Until then, I didn’t know anything about being paid for writing web content. In my imagination, you had to study journalism for years and then volunteer at a local newspaper while slowly moving towards making real money as a writer.
… or be inspired from above to come up with a big fat bestseller book that provides for the rest of your life.
I didn’t know how to start freelance writing.
Earn Money As A Writer Working from home
The first step: I sent a sample of my writing to get rated. As a topic, I chose the beautiful architecture of the Mosque Hassan II. in Casablanca.
After uploading my signup article, I nervously waited for the rating. Fortunately, I ended up with a four-star-rating.
Hesitent about writing for a content mill? Why I think you should consider writing for Textbroker to find ideal freelance writing jobs for beginners: 12 Reasons To Write For A Content Mill (And One Why Not)
You can be a writer, starting today
Then, I chose my first paid order. I decided to start with a very short one. The topic: Mattresses.
I did a quick online research to become an “expert” and wrote a few words about mattresses for an online mattress store. Press submit and wait for acceptance.
Calm my heartbeat and have a coffee. Shorty after that, I had my first 37 cents. Woohoo…!! It was so easy to start freelance writing on Textbroker!
What I Have Learned Working For Textbroker As A Writer
I realised that one can really make money writing content for others. The advantage of Textbroker is that there are always lots of orders available immediately. You can start anytime. In addition, the clients do not expect too much.
It is a good idea to start getting more organized if you want to make money from home as a freelancer! Check out these posts on mastering productivity and manage your time better.!
I have written more than 1000 articles on Textbroker and never had a cancellation and very, very rarely a request to change something. That way I regularly made 500 $/month when we needed that amount and I can honestly say that Textbroker is a legit way to make money writing and not a scam.
And I have learned that I can write about almost any topic. Thanks to the internet, you can become expert enough in minutes.
To make 500 $, I worked three hours a day, six days a week. I would only then end my work after reaching a minimum of 20 Euro that day.
I assume my investment of time could be less but I easily got distracted while researching. Once I even ended up registering (and shopping!!) at an online shop I was supposed to describe.
But I just had to have that nice summer skirt!
Please, read my best advice for mastering this work-at-home as a freelance writer thing, if you are just getting started.
10 Tips How To Make Money From Home At Textbroker
- Make time. To focus on writing and some research beforehand, make sure you have some uninterrupted time online. Then, focus and get the writing done as fast as possible! Time=Money
- Use your real name. I use “Casablanca” as a nickname, but in my profile and messages, I signed with my real name. Maybe one day a client tries to contact you outside Textbroker to give you (better-paid!) work. This has happened to me and I still work for this client here and there. So, use your real name or an alias that people can find via google, Facebook, etc. (Textbroker does not allow writers and clients to exchange contact data directly on Textbroker.)
- Use your expertise. Chances are you already are an expert in some fields. Maybe you shop online on a regular basis, you like browser games or do the “insurance stuff” for your entire family.
- Do not limit yourself to your favorite topics. Once, my husband suggested I should write about printers from the computer company he worked for in that time. He claimed he could update me about every relevant detail and then I could write that article in no time. Well, hubby had then no time for that. Because you can only take on an order at a time, I ended up doing that order all be myself, realizing that you can write just about anything. Just take the time to research some facts.
- However, choose your favorite topic, if you can. This will save you a lot of time because you already are an expert!
- Choose similar orders. Once you have written a bunch of articles about one topic, the appropriate phrases and words will come easily. If you have written one article, try to find similar ones after that.
- Choose the right client, too. I don’t know if that was important but I sometimes checked the client cancellation quotient. Clients that obviously had many texts reviewed may turn out a pita, I assumed, and also I didn’t pick orders that had extremely lengthy and detailed descriptions of what the client wants and not wants, etc. I didn’t want to work for people who paid pennies for my time and expected just way too much for their investment.
- Do not leave your desk with no current order. Browsing the orders at Textbroker can be a great way to procrastinate or spend too much time on. I always made sure that the last thing I did when working was choosing the next order. The next day I had a text order to start with.
- Mind your time. The more time you invest, the less profitable is working for a content mill. Set a timer for your initial research. Your client chose Textbroker because he wants cheap ordinary web content, not articles that win international awards. Track your time to determine how much is your hourly wage. (You will find a time tracking worksheet in the free resource library for subscribers. Just sign up below.) Also, your writing should be a matter of minutes, not hours. But you will get faster and better over time.
- Use Textbroker as a stepping stone. When I started with Textbroker, I felt blessed to make money that easy. (No kidding, I did!) Later I found out that market prizes for writing pieces, especially when you have some expertise, are a lot higher. So use Textbroker if you have some extra time and consider your work as learning, getting your toes wet with paid writing. After you have some confidence and experience, venture out on your own and pitch potential clients directly. This upfront investment of time will pay out with the higher charge. Textbroker has the perfect freelance writing jobs for beginners.
- Not convinced? Learn 12 reasons why you might want to give places like Textbroker a shot when you start freelance writing.
That was my Textbroker review. I am curious to hear about your experience with content mills. Did you ever write for them? Or do you think this is a waste of time and energy?
- How to make money writing right now with no experience
- 10 Ways to build a kick-ass writer’s portfolio fast from absolute scratch
- 20 places to find freelance writing jobs for beginners and advanced that pay well
Please, subscribe to the newsletter to get access to free printables, worksheets, and more in the subscriber exclusive library!