I’m super excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award 2017! Yeah! This nomination came right in time when I desperately needed a little motivation to keep blogging and not just give up. I was thrilled that a fellow blogger, Sarah Dew of A Simple and Contented Life, found my blog meaningful enough to nominate for this Award that is supposed to connect brand-new bloggers!
First things first: Thank the one who nominated you
The Liebster Award comes with a few rules. One that I think is the most important one is to thank the blogger who has nominated you and link back to her.
So, first of all, a BIG Thank you, Sarah, for nominating my little blog! I hope your beautiful blog will thrive! Over at A Simple and Contented Life Sarah blogs about slowing down a busy life, simplify things and create a happy life with less stress and more of what you love. I think she really deserves the nomination for a blog that is well designed and helps people to be more content. That is a great message to share and I hope Sarah’s audience will grow big times so that she can help more and more people find happiness.
Anyway, what is the Liebster Award? To be honest, I never heard of it before. So, in a nutshell, it is an Award specially for brand-new blogs to promote each other, build connections and share some blogging love! Some say it is not more than a useless chain letter. However, for me, it was a boost in motivation that someone is telling me via the nomination that she thinks my blog is awesome and worthy an award. Also, it says “Discover new blogs” and “Share the blogging love” and not “World’s most important Award” or “Big fat trophy money”.
I think it’s a nice idea and so I’m in!
Read more about the Liebster Award here. Also, this is were the BIG winner will be named. Check out the complete rules there or find images to download and use!
Sarah’s questions to her nominees
Whoever nominates bloggers can ask up to eleven questions. Sarah has provided a list of eight questions on her blog and here are they together with my answers. (Each nominee can create her own list of questions or get inspiration from the Liebster Award post mentioned above. It includes suggestions for questions.)
- What has been your biggest challenge with blogging? I struggle with time management and prioritizing. With only limited working hours I have to carefully choose what to do. Also, for a newbie, all the tasks related to running a blog can easily get overwhelming.
- What is your number one tip for other bloggers? Learn as much as you can! Set aside time to learn every day.
- What are your hobbies other than blogging? I love food. So, cooking, baking and sharing delicious food with my loved ones. Or browsing recipes and reading.
- What successful entrepreneur do you admire and why? Every mom who takes care of her family and at the same time runs a successful business. Chapeau!
- Who is your favourite blogger and why? That would be Ruth Soukup. More on her blog below!
- Tell us about your blog and why you started blogging. I love to have a creative outlet, share what I have learned and hopefully create a stream of income so my family can live independently from a location.
- What’s an item you can’t live without? -???- When we lived out of our suitcases for months I learned that you don’t really need that much. But I was very glad to have my laptop with me. However, going online with a surfstick was painful!!
- What and who motivates you to write? I just write. I always wrote a lot starting when I was just learning how to write letters. When it comes to blogging my family is the key motivator. Honestly, I would have given up already without them!
My five new nominations
Every blogger that is nominated can then nominate five other blogs. It was not easy to find the five new blogs to nominate! But in the end, I decided on these bloggers that I think are awesome. I wish every single one of them success and that their goals for blogging will become a reality!
And now the fun part! It is my honor and pleasure to share the Liebster Award nomination with five other new bloggers.
My nominations are
This Empty Nest Life. By Melody Smith. Melody is an empty-nester who decides to blog about the tremendous changes that come with adjusting to the empty nest life but also about the chances to grow and find joy. She provides an optimistic outlook and support for anyone in her situation. I love her fresh blog design and her positive outlook on life. She even has a wonderful “positive thoughts corner” on her blog, called the Monday’s Minute.
A Book Lover’s Adventures. What I love about this blog by Becki Taylor Svare is that she loves things I love as well: Books, travel and family life. Her love for her family shines through on her blog. This book lover even gave up her job at a library (!) to take better care of her mom! I hope she has Germany on her list of destinations so I can have her over for coffee.
PennyRecipe. By Michelle Darby and her family. I love anything food! The real thing not super fancy stuff. And I very much appreciate the thorough approach of the Darbys to go about cooking, recipes and the art of providing food for the family. I’m super excited about everything that they will share in the future! This blog is really new as it was published about a week ago! However, anyone can see that Michelle and her family have put in a lot of work and love beforehand. Heads up, food bloggers, they have themed recipe link parties going on!
Traditional Homemaker. By Janae Lois. Janae has a busy life as her family runs a dairy farm. She inspired and encourages to re-discover the art of traditional homemaking, the slow life, and a balanced, healthy lifestyle. Her blog reminds me of happy childhood days that I spent on a dairy farm. They even have a Harry Potter cow. I hope to read a lot more of her!
Think about such things. By Melissa Tumino. Wow, that one impresses me so much that I’m breaking the Liebster Award rules for her! This one has 300+ followers on Facebook already. But Melissa only blogs for a few months (I think she started in April 2017, not sure, though) and her blog looks so accomplished. As a newbie blogger, I look up to her as she started off with a bang! If she ever offers blogging courses, I probably sign up. But actually, she is not publishing a lot of blogging tips, though she does include them. She is a Christian lifestyle blogger and covers a wide variety of topics for women.
My very favorite blog
This year, the Liebster Award asks for the nominee’s favorite blog. This is something I don’t have to think about. (For the insiders, it’s LWSL). Here is why (and the full name):
After I quitted what I refer to as my first career we moved to Morocco and I would find myself confronted with two issues: what to do to supplement our income and how the heck to keep a home with none of the convenient products I knew from Germany?? I started dreaming of running a website of my own and because I didn’t know how to do that I started working as a freelance writer instead.
For the homemaking issues, I browsed Pinterest a lot. I had to learn to make things myself on a budget. One day I came across Living well spending less. I fell in love! The website was a dream come true. Not only it provided a ton of information about homemaking with simple means but also a vision. That was the kind of website I wanted to create myself! Today, I think I have purchased all of the books written by Ruth Soukup, the founder of LWSL. In addition, I’m a student of her blogging class Elite Blog Academy and I hope to build a successful blog following her advice. Her blog is one of the most popular ones that even exist in the homemaking and personal finance niche and I want to learn from the best.
Optional: 10 Random facts about me
The Award rules say you can add 10 random facts about yourself. I love reading them when I find them on other people’s blogs. So, here are mines. 🙂
- I love coffee.
- I have a cat.
- I suffer from migraine attacks and perfectionism.
- I hate to hear my voice on video.
- Hubby and I moved in together after two months of being a couple.
- I love the magic of new beginnings.
- We moved 8 times in the past 8 years. A few times cross-continental.
- Blue is my favorite color.
- I don’t have a car of my own.
- On my first bus ride in Casablanca, I was dodging the fare because I didn’t know how to get a ticket.
My questions to the nominees
Now another super fun part. I can ask questions to the nominees. I will use my list of questions as my chance to get to know these interesting people a little bit more. So, here we go:
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What is your best piece of advice for anyone who wants to start a blog?
- What is your most important goal for your blog?
- What are the three most important roles you have in life?
- What place in this world would you like to visit one day?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could have any person in the world at your kitchen table to interview who would it be?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could go back in history to witness one event, which one would that be?
- Which product just HAS to be invented ASAP?
I hope “my nominees” will accept their nominations so my curiosity is going to be satisfied!
All my best wishes to everyone who gets nominated this year! I hope you will thrive as a blogger! To your success!